Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spring or Gwanwyn as they say in these parts

Well it seems to be the season changes

I get woken up a bit early by the brightness. Have heard them muttering about clock changes later in the month, never really understand that. But do note that there is a lie in sometime in the autumn and a sudden early wakening in the spring. I'm not too happy about too much of an early morning disturbance.

I've tried telling that damn chaffinch as such. He sings his rather repetitive song from an early hour, I know it will only get earlier and earlier (for song, if you can call it that click here). But not only does he "sing" but he rap tap taps on the glass of the door and the window - how am I supposed to get decent day times naps with such behaviour.

having my nose to the ground I notice the small new green growth

very quickly after the snow and frost the chickweed was up and away, even recovering after a hefty frost. pesto making was talked about.

gwylyddyn-y-dom chickweed : blodau : flower

and now the little speedwell is opening up - well would do if the sun did shine a bit...

llygad doli veronica chamaedrys speedwell

if you click on these photos you will find out more information about their names in Latin, Welsh, Breton even Cornish. i commision her to take photos for me and sometimes she does a thorough job.

No comments:

Post a Comment